Category Archives: News
Mada sponsored and hosted the first Global Summit on AT Leadership held in Doha on 18/19 September. Discussions at the event were wide ranging and focused on how Assistive Technology centers can support each other to increase Digital Inclusion for People with Disabilities. The event held in conjunction with G3ICT, a UN initiative dedicated to inclusive ICT, included laying out of future plans for further cooperation, including the sharing of knowledge and information resources.
Representative of AT centers and disability initiatives from around the world gathered in Doha to discuss ways to provide expertise and support on policies and programs that will promote assistive technologies for education, employment, recreational activities and rehabilitation. This is a clear condition of the commitment made by Qatar to building an inclusive digital society, and
ensuring that people with disabilities fulfill their right of accessing all forms of ICT.
- Mr. David Dikter, Executive Director, Assistive Technology Industry Association, (U.S.A.)
- Dr. Evert‐Jan Hoogerwerf, AIAS Projects Office Coordinator, Emilia Romagna’s Regional Centre for Assistive Technology (Italy)
- Mr. Phill Jenkins, Business Development Executive, IBM Corporation, (U.S.A.)
- Ms. Shilpi Kapoor, Managing Director, BarrierBreak Technologies, (India)
- Mr. Jose Angel Martinez Usero, Director of international projects and relations, Technosite.ONCE Foundation, (Spain)
- Mr. Louis (Lou) Orslene, MPIA MSW JAN Program Co‐Director, U.S. DOL / JAN Job Network Accommodation, (U.S.A.)
- Mr. Royson Poh, Senior Assistant Director, Technology & Vocational Training Society for the Physically Disabled (Singapore)
- Mr. Axel Leblois, Executive Director, G3ict (United Nations)