Mada Lab is an exhibition featuring the latest assistive technologies and accessible solutions related to improving digital accessibility for people with disabilities and the elderly in Qatar and the Arab world, and is an innovation center for innovators, solution providers, users and ICT experts. It is also a unique platform that connects innovators, entrepreneurs, startups, investors, academics, researchers, students, multinational companies and Qatari institutions with a common goal of creating new solutions for digital accessibility for all.
Benefit from partnership with Mada Lab
- An opportunity to build awareness about the challenges faced by groups with disabilities.
- Aims to encourage innovation by providing devices, experts, and the appropriate environment for innovators.
- An opportunity to showcase solutions to build awareness about the challenges faced by people with disabilities and the elderly.
- An opportunity for business growth by offering solutions to partners and visitors.
- An opportunity to obtain the localization service of devices and solutions.
- A unique platform that connects innovators, entrepreneurs, startups and investors.
- Platform for creating solutions and launching business and innovations in the field of digital accessibility.
- Priority use of Madame’s facilities for reflection sessions and workshops/seminars.
- Opportunity to network with government and academia.
- Providing innovative solutions to companies in the showroom area.
- Receive exclusive invitations to attend innovation events/competitions organized by Mada Center.
- Recommending existing solutions to Mada’s strategic partners.
- Mediate procurement paths faster between the sponsor and strategic partners.
- Receive exclusive invitations to attend Mada Innovation events/competitions.
- The sponsor’s logo is placed on Mada’s website as one of the sponsors.
Going forward, we invite you to sponsor the world’s first comprehensive laboratory for people with disabilities and the elderly in Qatar and the Arab world.
Mada Lab Zones
Flight Simulation Lab
Mada Lab’s flight Journey simulation lab allows children with autism spectrum disorder and their parents to experience the flight journey before embarking on a real flight, designed to relieve the stress and anxiety that parents and children with autism spectrum disorder experience when traveling by air.
The experiment in the laboratory will simulate a full flight,
Innovation is what Mada Lab’s work is all about. The Innovation Zone at Mada Lab is an important stop to all Mada Lab visitors as it includes the latest cutting-edge innovations and technological solutions in the field of digital accessibility in Arabic language.
Inclusive Culture Zone
The Inclusive Culture Zone at Mada Lab promotes the concept of inclusivity for all, as the zone includes technological solutions that contribute to create an inclusive and accessible environment for all to enable persons with disabilities to live independently and participate fully in all aspects of life.
Inclusive education Zone
This area at Mada Lab showcases a comprehensive classroom model with the aim of making education accessible to all, by showcasing assistive technology, robotics, STEM tools and software.
Qatari currency money reader application for blind people
Mada’s innovation program has supported the development and launch of the Qatar Currency money Reader, the first application of its kind in the State of Qatar with an Arabic user interface that allows people with visual disability to manage their cash transactions independently by scanning and reading banknotes in real time using a smartphone. What distinguishes this application is that it is an electronic application that is fully accessible to people with visual disabilities and the elderly, as it enables them to collect, arrange and calculate their total value. It also offers the advantage of communication through vibrations which protects user privacy in crowded environments.”
Bu Hamad – Qatari 3D avatar for Qatari sign language interpretation
“The efforts of the Mada Innovation Program resulted in the development of the innovation of “”Bu Hamad””, the first virtual translator of Qatari Sign Language, which ensures digital inclusion for deaf people, facilitates their access to digital content and promotes their integration into society.
Bu Hamad is based on the Qatari Sign Language Dictionary, developed for the first time in the world by Mada Center, and contains 6,500 sentences in Qatari Sign Language. The accuracy of the avatar on the marking is 90%.”
Clicker 7 program for students with learning disabilities
Clicker 7 Arabic is a reading and writing tool, designed to help students of all abilities develop effective and lasting literacy skills. The tool is aimed at children, people with disabilities and those with learning difficulties, and is intended for ages 5 to 11.
Spatial guidance application “Lazzarillo” for blind people
The innovation “Lazarillo” provides an indoor and outdoor spatial guidance service for blind people. Through the application, you can determine the destination to go to and use voice commands to reach the place. The “Lazarillo” application is the first in the world to be used by blind people due to the accuracy of routing and its compatibility with many communication guidance devices “beacons”.